(August 2016) It was a sunny evening in August when the newly elected SSU Winesense Board of Directors met for the annual planning meeting at BBQ dinner to brainstorm about possible wineries to invite to campus for educational tastings. Living in the heart of California Wine Country with over 900 wineries to choose from between Napa and Sonoma valleys, we are truly blessed.
After some appetizers and a glass of wine, the team developed their tentative meeting schedule, listed below. Then it was time for tri-tip and sausages, just before the fog wafted in over the Petaluma Gap to blanket Sonoma Mountain in its cooling breeze. Great for the grapes, but requiring coats and sweaters for everyone gathered around the table.
Tentative Fall 2016 Schedule
All meetings are reserved for SSU students aged 21 and over. Sessions are designed to provide basic wine education for club members, featuring the wine brands of invited wineries. Meetings start at 7pm and are held in the Bennett Valley Room in the Student Union Building. Dues can be paid in full or in installments. For additional information, please contact SSU Winesense Club President.
September 8th – Kenwood Winery
September 22nd – Benziger Winery
October 7th – TBA (1st field trip)
October 20th – Larsen Winery, Halloween Theme
November 3rd – Languedoc Roussillon Regional Wine Tasting
November 17th – Kivelstadt Winery
December 2nd – Korbel (2nd field trip)
New SSU Winesense Board of Directors for Fall 2016/Spring 2017
- Shelby Lozintsh, President, email@example.com, 707.236.0999
- Eliza Kaufmann, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenn Vranich, Treasurer, email@example.com
- Kay Dedirek, Director of Membership, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Schiff, Director of Social Media/Marketing, email@example.com
- Daniel Caresio, Director of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Austin Bregante, Director of Field Trips, email@example.com
- Dr. Liz Thach & Dr. Damien Wilson, Co-Faculty Advisors