The Sonoma State University (SSU) WineSense Club proudly announces the members of the 2015/2016 Executive Board. In addition, they have developed a very exciting line-up of wineries and organizations who will be visiting campus to conduct educational wine tastings throughout the semester.
2015/2016 Executive Board for SSU Wine Sense
- President: Rachel Minor
- Vice President: Taylor Hood
- Treasurer: Justin Stushek
- VP of Marketing: Jingmei Su
- VP of Operations & Culinary Experiences: Matt Lopez
- Director of Membership: Christian Gutierrez
- Director of Campus Outreach: Sophia Fish
- Director of Campus Marketing: Jamie Huerta
- Director of Meetings: Brooke Bartolome
- Director of Volunteers and Fundraising: Itze Pema-Andrade
SSU Wine Sense Mission
The mission of the SSU Wine Sense Club is to create a responsible, fun and educational environment for all levels of wine enthusiasts to further expand their knowledge and appreciation for the wonderful world of wine. We are dedicated to provide students the opportunity to experience and enjoy events that showcase the wine industry and help students connect with the industry and their leaders.
Fall 2015 Wine Sense Schedule
Tastings are open to SSU students over the age of 21. Meetings will be held in the Bennett Valley Room of the Student Union beginning at 7pm. Membership fees for the semester are $30, payable at the door. Fees are pro-rated for students who join later in the semester. Each session includes an educational briefing and responsible wine tastings accompanied by appetizers. ID’s are checked at the door for each meeting.
- Sept 17 – Kenwood Winery
- Oct. 1 – Somm Select
- Oct. 15 – Rare Cat Wine
- Oct. 29 – La Crema & Murphy Goode
- Nov. 5 – TBD
- Nov. 19 – Dewey Wines
- Dec. 3 – TBD
Wineries interested in providing an educational tasting are encouraged to contact SSU Wine Sense Board Members at WinesenseSSU@gmail.com